Main Meeting Room
- Spacious and versatile
- Size 782 sq ft (72.7sq m)
- Hearing loop
- Ideal for training or larger presentations
- Opens onto a small patio and garden
- Up to 12 people in a circle. Size 233 sq ft (21.7 sq m)
- Window to the garden
The Garden Room
- Self-contained area
- Serving hatch from kitchen
- Up to 25 people in a circle. Size: 393 sq ft (36.5 sq m)
- Door to secure enclosed patio and garden
- Ideal for smaller training groups
- Simply furnished
- Size: 230 sq ft (21.4 sq m)
- Relaxed atmosphere, but more formal than the library
- Windows at the side and rear overlooking the garden
- Frequently used for contact visits
- Not overlooked
M. Bradley, P.A.C.
- Communal kitchen with dishwasher
- Free Wi-Fi
- On site parking for 16 cars
- Additional free car park within easy walking distance
- Bike racks for 10-12 bikes
- Very convenient for access by car or bus
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair accessible toilet
- Hearing Loop
The Quaker Centre is accessible to wheelchair users through non-automatic front doors. There is a disabled toilet and a designated off road car parking space.There is a hearing loop in the Main Meeting Room. There are no stairs within the building.
The Quaker Centre is open for room hire 9.00 am to 9.30 pm Monday to Friday and 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on Saturday.
For hirers whose meetings start at 9.00 am, access to the building is allowed from 8.30 am.
The building closes promptly at 10.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Bookings are not normally accepted during a two week period in August, when the Quaker Centre is closed for decoration and refurbishment. New bookings are not accepted for periods when the warden is on leave.
Refreshments and Lunch
All Centre users, including those using the Centre for the whole day, are encouraged to bring their own refreshments. When taking a break, additional safe space may be available at the garden tables, weather allowing.
The kitchen will only be available for use by groups using the Centre for the whole day and only one such group at any one time. We will keep this under review and inform Centre users as soon as we feel able to allow fuller use of the kitchen by more groups.
All-day groups using the kitchen are asked to adhere to the following:
- Only one person at a time in the kitchen
- Masks always to be worn in the kitchen
- Attendees to bring their own packed lunch
- Attendees to bring their own mugs and to keep them for the day
- A trolley of drinks may be prepared in the kitchen for distribution in the meeting room.
- Any person preparing drinks or food for others must wear gloves as well as a mask
- Any washing up must be done overnight in the dishwasher
- Keep the windows open unless weather is very inclement
- Wipe down all surfaces in the kitchen after every tea break and lunch break, using either a mild bleach solution or disinfectant wipes provided.
The kitchen contains:
- Electric cooker
- Microwave oven
- Automatic water boiler which provides constant hot water
Teapots, coffee pots and other kitchen equipment. Note: cutlery and crockery is not for shared use due to covid-19 safety measures. For further information please press here.
Go to Hire Charges