Main Meeting Room
- Spacious and versatile
- Size 782 sq ft (72.7sq m)
- Hearing loop
- Ideal for training or larger presentations
- Opens onto a small patio and garden
- Up to 12 people in a circle. Size 233 sq ft (21.7 sq m)
- Window to the garden
The Garden Room
- Self contained area
- Serving hatch from kitchen
- Up to 25 people in a circle. Size: 393 sq ft (36.5 sq m)
- Door to secure enclosed patio and garden
- Ideal for smaller training groups
- Simply furnished
- Size: 230 sq ft (21.4 sq m)
- Relaxed atmosphere, but more formal than the library
- Windows at the side and rear overlooking the garden
- Frequently used for contact visits
- Not overlooked
M. Bradley, P.A.C.
- Communal kitchen with dishwasher
- Free Wi-Fi
- On site parking for 16 cars
- Additional free car park within easy walking distance
- Bike racks for 10-12 bikes
- Very convenient for access by car or bus
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair accessible toilet
- Hearing Loop
The Quaker Centre is accessible to wheelchair users through non-automatic front doors. There is a disabled toilet and a designated off road car parking space.There is a hearing loop in the Main Meeting Room. There are no stairs within the building.
The Quaker Centre is open for room hire 9.00 am to 9.30 pm Monday to Friday and 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on Saturday.
For hirers whose meetings start at 9.00 am, access to the building is allowed from 8.30 am.
The building closes promptly at 10.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Bookings are not normally accepted during a two week period in August, when the Quaker Centre is closed for decoration and refurbishment. New bookings are not accepted for periods when the warden is on leave.
Refreshments and Lunch
Shared use of our kitchen for making light refreshments is included in the price of room hire. In the kitchen you will find the following:
- electric cooker
- microwave oven
- automatic water boiler which provides constant hot water
- teapots, coffee pots, cutlery, crockery, mugs, glasses and other kitchen equipment.
Please bring enough tea, coffee, milk and other food-stuffs for your own needs and do not use provisions left by others.
The warden has details of several local caterers who provide good lunches at reasonable prices which can be delivered to the Quaker Centre.Please ask.Hirers need to make the booking themselves and to notify the warden in advance that they have done so, so that counter space can be allocated in the kitchen.
If you use the kitchen for food preparation, please ensure that you comply with current food hygiene regulations.
Hirers are expected to clear up after themselves, do their own washing up and leave the kitchen clean and tidy.All left-over food and drink should be taken away at the end of the meeting, or marked clearly “to be used up”.
Hirers are reminded that there may be more than one group in the building at the same time. This should be taken into account when planning refreshment or meal breaks so as to avoid congestion in the kitchen. To reduce congestion, large groups are requested to use the trolley to transport food and drinks to the meeting room hired and not send all participants to make their own drinks.
Go to Hire Charges