Face coverings in shared spaces
We are continuing to require that all Centre users wear face coverings in shared spaces – that is, the toilets, kitchen and corridors. The toilets are the hardest spaces in the building to ventilate and the corridors are the narrowest spaces.
The kitchen is only be available for use by prior arrangement and only one group at a time. Please discuss possible kitchen use with the Wardens when making a booking.
Groups using the kitchen are asked to adhere to the following:
· Only two people at a time in the kitchen. That is, every member of a group can enter the kitchen to make themselves a cup of tea/coffee using the urn, as long as they stagger doing so so that no more than two people are in the kitchen at a time.
· Face-coverings to be worn in the kitchen.
· A trolley of drinks may be prepared in the kitchen for distribution in the meeting room.
· Any person preparing drinks or food for others must wash their hands thoroughly before doing so and again before handling cutlery and crockery to be used by others.
· Any washing up must be done overnight in the dishwasher.
· Keep the windows open at least a little, weather allowing.
· Wipe down all surfaces in the kitchen after every tea break and lunch break, using either a mild bleach solution or similar.
The kitchen may be used to prepare food for others in your group (in accordance with the above protocols) and it is no longer required for participants to bring their own packed lunch or other food. When taking a break, additional safe space may be available at the garden tables, weather allowing.
Groups using the different rooms may use any of the toilets that are available.
The toilets have automatic air extraction.
Toilets will be cleaned regularly and certainly before and between user groups.
First Aid Box and Accident Record Book
For the period that access to the kitchen is restricted, the First Aid Kit and accident record book will be located on the wall in the foyer by the main external door to the Centre.